Arriving in the UK
Meeting immigration staff at the airport
When you arrive at a UK airport, you should be prepared to answer some questions about yourself, including where you will be staying and what you intend to do during your time in the UK. You may also be required to test your English.
You may be asked to undergo a brief, routine health check by the airport doctor, which might include an X-ray. The health check will take place in a separate room. Afterwards, you will need to return to Immigration Control.
Please note that you must have a valid visa issued for study at the University of East Anglia London, pr evidence of having applied for a visa with a Confirmation of Acceptance of Study (CAS) provided by the University of East Anglia London, in order to be allowed to register and begin studying your course.
Arrival at the Airport
At the Airport
Once your aircraft has touched down, you will be eager to make your way to your accommodation. Make sure you have completed your landing card, ready to hand in at the immigration desk. To understand what services UK airports have, their opening times and travel connections visit the airport websites:
Heathrow & Stansted airports
Travelling From the Airport
Students who have pre-booked an Airport Pick-Up service will receive separate instructions on how to meet their driver.
To book an Airport Pick-Up service please download and complete the airport booking form. You will need to include payment information using the enclosed credit card booking form to ensure your booking.
Please return all completed forms to email@example.com.
All UK airports around London and the South-East of England have excellent public transport connections in to central London. Bus, underground and train services connect the three major airports; Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted.
- When you arrive at Heathrow, there is a choice of ways in which to travel in to central London including the London Underground (tube). Consult the Heathrow Airport Guide to explore your transportation options.
- There are two train services that link Heathrow to central London: Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect.The price of a single, one-way journey ranges from £16.50 to £23. Tickets purchased in advance online come in at £16.50. More details can be found on the Heathrow Express website.
- National Express run 24-hour coach services from Heathrow in to Victoria Coach station. More information, timetables, and bookings can be made using the National Express website.
- Gatwick airport is served by bus, coach and train services only.Train services in to Victoria station are fast and reliable, and cost £16.90. More information is available on the Gatwick Express website.
- Multiple bus and coach services also operate in to central London from Gatwick around the clock. Review the latest offers using the Gatwick Airport Guide.
- Express train services speed from Stansted airport directly to Liverpool Street station. A single ticket costs from £18, and takes around 45 minutes.
- Trian timetable and exact fares can be found on the Stansted Express website. You can also travel by bus – there is lots of useful information about the Stansted Airbus available online.